Friday, September 12, 2008

City Life in Israel







Photo by: Maya Bandersky









I live in a quiet and picturesque neighborhood in Haifa which is the 3rd major city in Israel. One night I was awakened by strange noises 'me, me, me'. I thought that I was dreaming. However, my eyes were wide open. So I went to the window and looked outside. I couldn't believe my eyes… A shepherd walked down the street with a herd of sheep. That is not the end of the story. One morning I went near the park in front of my house and was surprised to hear 'muuu, muu'. I looked and saw giant black cows with white markings…

A friend of mine also told me that one night her husband looked outside the window and he saw several wild pigs roaming our neighbor's manicured garden… It's not a kosher garden anymore


There was much rain today here. I heard a loud noise. I looked to see if it was still heavily raining, but no. To my surprise, what I heard was a waterfall streaming down from the forest to our street. (January 31st, 2009).

No comments: