Sunday, August 31, 2008

The People in Israel, a Day at the Market

As a resident of Haifa, I enjoy the close proximity to such an abundant market as Shuk Talpiyot (English: Talpiyot market). This market offers a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and various spice herbs. The prices of the goods are so tempting. Just to give you an idea, one day I filled a whole bag with fruits, vegetables and herbs and had cost me about $11.
Apart from the abundance evident in this place, I enjoy the experience of being in this place, including the variety of music that you can hear; for example, at one counter I heard oriental-Arab music, while in others I heard Julio, Greek music, Hip Hop, and even French music. The salespersons are very interesting, too. You can find Arab salespersons who speak Russian, while everyone, both Jews and Arabs, shout and swear in Arabic. It is amazing to listen and look at this sight. A real show free of charge.

No comments: